Liu, L. Shen, Y. Xiao, D. Vyshedsky, C. Peng, X. Sun, Z. Liu, L. Cheng, H.
Zhang, Z. Han, J. Chai, H. M. Wu, A.
Y. Cheung, C. Li, Pollen PCP-B peptides unlock a stigma peptide-receptor kinase
gating mechanism for pollination. Science 372, 171-175 (2021).
2. M. Huang, X. Zhang, G. A. Toh, Q.
Gong, J. Wang, Z. Han, B. Wu, F.
Zhong, J. Chai, Structural and biochemical mechanisms of NLRP1 inhibition by
DPP9. Nature 592, 773-777 (2021).
3. S. Hou, D. Liu, S. Huang, D. Luo, Z.
Liu, Q. Xiang, P. Wang, R. Mu, Z. Han,
S. Chen, J. Chai, L. Shan, P. He, The Arabidopsis MIK2 receptor elicits
immunity by sensing a conserved signature from phytocytokines and microbes. Nature communications 12, 5494 (2021).
4. Y. Xiong, Z. Han, J. Chai, Resistosome and inflammasome: platforms mediating
innate immunity. Current opinion in plant
biology 56, 47-55 (2020).
5. Y. Wang, L. A. Graham, Z. Han, R. Eves, A. K. Gruneberg, R.
L. Campbell, H. Zhang, P. L. Davies, Carrot 'antifreeze' protein has an
irregular ice-binding site that confers weak freezing point depression but
strong inhibition of ice recrystallization. The
Biochemical journal 477,
6. L. Sun, Y. Peng, W. Yu, Y. Zhang, L.
Liang, C. Song, J. Hou, Y. Qiao, Q. Wang, J. Chen, M. Wu, D. Zhang, E. Li, Z. Han, Q. Zhao, X. Jin, B. Zhang, Z.
Huang, J. Chai, J. H. Wang, J. Chang, Mechanistic Insight into Antiretroviral
Potency of 2'-Deoxy-2'-beta-fluoro-4'-azidocytidine (FNC) with a Long-Lasting
Effect on HIV-1 Prevention. Journal of
medicinal chemistry 63,
7. S. Ma, D. Lapin, L. Liu, Y. Sun, W.
Song, X. Zhang, E. Logemann, D. Yu, J. Wang, J. Jirschitzka, Z. Han, P. Schulze-Lefert, J. E.
Parker, J. Chai, Direct pathogen-induced assembly of an NLR immune receptor
complex to form a holoenzyme. Science 370,
(2020); published online EpubDec 4 (10.1126/science.abe3069).
8. X. Yang, G. Lin, Z. Han, J. Chai, Structural Biology of
NOD-Like Receptors. Advances in
experimental medicine and biology 1172,
9. Y. Xiao, M. Stegmann, Z. Han, T. A. DeFalco, K. Parys, L. Xu,
Y. Belkhadir, C. Zipfel, J. Chai, Mechanisms of RALF peptide perception by a
heterotypic receptor complex. Nature 572, 270-274 (2019).
10. J. Wang, J. Wang, M. Hu, S. Wu, J. Qi,
G. Wang, Z. Han, Y. Qi, N. Gao, H.
W. Wang, J. M. Zhou, J. Chai, Ligand-triggered allosteric ADP release primes a
plant NLR complex. Science 364,
(2019); published online EpubApr 5 (10.1126/science.aav5868).
11. J. Wang, M. Hu, J. Wang, J. Qi, Z. Han, G. Wang, Y. Qi, H. W. Wang, J.
M. Zhou, J. Chai, Reconstitution and structure of a plant NLR resistosome
conferring immunity. Science 364,
(2019); published online EpubApr 5 (10.1126/science.aav5870).
12. J. Tang, Y. Sun, Z. Han, W. Shi, An illustration of optimal selected glycosidase for
N-glycoproteins deglycosylation and crystallization. International journal of biological macromolecules 122, 265-271 (2019).
13. G. Huang, J. Sun, J. Bai, Y. Han, F.
Fan, S. Wang, Y. Zhang, Y. Zou, Z. Han,
D. Lu, Identification of critical cysteine sites in brassinosteroid-insensitive
1 and novel signaling regulators using a transient expression system. The New phytologist 222, 1405-1419 (2019).
14. L. Dong, X. Guan, N. Li, F. Zhang, Y.
Zhu, K. Ren, L. Yu, F. Zhou, Z. Han,
N. Gao, Z. Huang, An anti-CRISPR protein disables type V Cas12a by acetylation. Nature structural & molecular biology 26, 308-314 (2019).
15. X. Yang, F. Yang, W. Wang, G. Lin, Z.
Hu, Z. Han, Y. Qi, L. Zhang, J.
Wang, S. F. Sui, J. Chai, Structural basis for specific flagellin recognition
by the NLR protein NAIP5. Cell research 28, 35-47 (2018).
16. R. Wang, Z. Han, B. Liu, B. Zhou, N. Wang, Q. Jiang, Y. Qiao, C. Song, J.
Chai, J. Chang, Identification of Natural Compound Radicicol as a Potent FTO
Inhibitor. Molecular pharmaceutics 15, 4092-4098 (2018).
17. X. Zhang, W. Liu, T. T. Nagae, H.
Takeuchi, H. Zhang, Z. Han, T.
Higashiyama, J. Chai, Structural basis for receptor recognition of pollen tube
attraction peptides. Nature
communications 8, 1331 (2017).
18. Z. Wu, S. Liang, W. Song, G. Lin, W.
Wang, H. Zhang, Z. Han, J. Chai,
Functional and Structural Characterization of a Receptor-Like Kinase Involved
in Germination and Cell Expansion in Arabidopsis. Frontiers in plant science 8,
19. W. Song, Z. Han, J. Wang, G. Lin, J. Chai, Structural insights into ligand
recognition and activation of plant receptor kinases. Current opinion in structural biology 43, 18-27 (2017).
20. S. Mou, X. Zhang, Z. Han, J. Wang, X. Gong, J. Chai, CLE42 binding induces PXL2
interaction with SERK2. Protein &
cell 8, 612-617 (2017).
21. C. Ma, Y. Liu, B. Bai, Z. Han, J. Tang, H. Zhang, H.
Yaghmaiean, Y. Zhang, J. Chai, Structural basis for BIR1-mediated negative
regulation of plant immunity. Cell
research 27, 1521-1524 (2017).
22. G. Lin, L. Zhang, Z. Han, X. Yang, W. Liu, E. Li, J. Chang, Y. Qi, E. D. Shpak, J.
Chai, A receptor-like protein acts as a specificity switch for the regulation
of stomatal development. Genes &
development 31, 927-938 (2017).
23. H. Zhang, X. Lin, Z. Han, J. Wang, L. J. Qu, J. Chai, SERK Family Receptor-like Kinases
Function as Co-receptors with PXY for Plant Vascular Development. Molecular plant 9, 1406-1414 (2016).
24. H. Zhang, X. Lin, Z. Han, L. J. Qu, J. Chai, Crystal structure of PXY-TDIF complex
reveals a conserved recognition mechanism among CLE peptide-receptor pairs. Cell research 26, 543-555 (2016).
25. H. Zhang, Z. Han, W. Song, J. Chai, Structural Insight into Recognition of
Plant Peptide Hormones by Receptors. Molecular
plant 9, 1454-1463 (2016).
26. J. Tang, Z. Han, J. Chai, Q&A: what are brassinosteroids and how do they
act in plants? BMC biology 14, 113 (2016).
27. W. Song, L. Liu, J. Wang, Z. Wu, H.
Zhang, J. Tang, G. Lin, Y. Wang, X. Wen, W. Li, Z. Han, H. Guo, J. Chai, Signature motif-guided identification of
receptors for peptide hormones essential for root meristem growth. Cell research 26, 674-685 (2016).
28. W. Song, Z. Han, J. Wang, G. Lin, J. Chai, Structural insights into ligand
recognition and activation of plant receptor kinases. Current opinion in structural biology 43, 18-27 (2016).
29. Y. Qiao, B. Zhou, M. Zhang, W. Liu, Z. Han, C. Song, W. Yu, Q. Yang, R.
Wang, S. Wang, S. Shi, R. Zhao, J. Chai, J. Chang, A Novel Inhibitor of the
Obesity-Related Protein FTO. Biochemistry 55, 1516-1522 (2016).
30. R. Ma, Z. Han, Z. Hu, G. Lin, X. Gong, H. Zhang, J. B. Nasrallah, J. Chai,
Structural basis for specific self-incompatibility response in Brassica. Cell research, (2016); published online EpubNov 08
31. S. Liu, J. Wang, Z. Han, X. Gong, H. Zhang, J. Chai, Molecular Mechanism for Fungal
Cell Wall Recognition by Rice Chitin Receptor OsCEBiP. Structure (London, England : 1993) 24, 1192-1200 (2016).
32. J. Wang, W. Wang, W. Song, Z. Han, H. Zhang, J. Chai, H. Wang, J.
Wang, An improved method for phasing crystal structures with low
non-crystallographic symmetry using cryo-electron microscopy data. Protein & cell 6, 919-923 (2015).
33. J. Wang, H. Li, Z. Han, H. Zhang, T. Wang, G. Lin, J. Chang, W. Yang, J. Chai,
Allosteric receptor activation by the plant peptide hormone phytosulfokine. Nature 525, 265-268 (2015).
34. J. Tang, Z. Han, Y. Sun, H. Zhang, X. Gong, J. Chai, Structural basis for
recognition of an endogenous peptide by the plant receptor kinase PEPR1. Cell research 25, 110-120 (2015).
35. W. Song, J. Wang, Z. Han, Y. Zhang, H. Zhang, W. Wang, J. Chang, B. Xia, S. Fan, D.
Zhang, J. Wang, H. W. Wang, J. Chai, Structural basis for specific recognition
of single-stranded RNA by Toll-like receptor 13. Nature structural & molecular biology 22, 782-787 (2015).
36. W. He, B. Zhou, W. Liu, M. Zhang, Z.
Shen, Z. Han, Q. Jiang, Q. Yang, C.
Song, R. Wang, Identification of a novel small-molecule binding site of the fat
mass and obesity associated protein (FTO). Journal
of medicinal chemistry 58,
37. W. Song, Z. Han, Y. Sun, J. Chai, Crystal structure of a plant leucine rich
repeat protein with two island domains. Science
China. Life sciences 57, 137-144
38. Y. Li, L. Zhang, T. Liu, C. Chai, Q.
Fang, H. Wu, P. A. Agudelo Garcia, Z.
Han, S. Zong, Y. Yu, X. Zhang, M. R. Parthun, J. Chai, R. M. Xu, M. Yang,
Hat2p recognizes the histone H3 tail to specify the acetylation of the newly
synthesized H3/H4 heterodimer by the Hat1p/Hat2p complex. Genes & development 28,
Han, Y. Sun, J. Chai, Structural insight into the activation of plant
receptor kinases. Current opinion in
plant biology 20, 55-63 (2014).
40. B. Zhou, Z. Han, Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction of the
RNA demethylase ALKBH5. Acta
crystallographica. Section F, Structural biology and crystallization
communications 69, 1231-1234
41. Y. Sun, L. Li, A. P. Macho, Z. Han, Z. Hu, C. Zipfel, J. M. Zhou,
J. Chai, Structural basis for flg22-induced activation of the Arabidopsis
FLS2-BAK1 immune complex. Science 342, 624-628 (2013).
42. Y. Sun, Z. Han, J. Tang, Z. Hu, C. Chai, B. Zhou, J. Chai, Structure
reveals that BAK1 as a co-receptor recognizes the BRI1-bound brassinolide. Cell research 23, 1326-1329 (2013).
43. J. She, Z. Han, B. Zhou, J. Chai, Structural basis for differential
recognition of brassinolide by its receptors. Protein & cell 4,
44. W. Yuan, T. Wu, H. Fu, C. Dai, H. Wu,
N. Liu, X. Li, M. Xu, Z. Zhang, T. Niu, Z.
Han, J. Chai, X. J. Zhou, S. Gao, B. Zhu, Dense chromatin activates
Polycomb repressive complex 2 to regulate H3 lysine 27 methylation. Science 337, 971-975 (2012).
45. H. Yang, Z. Han, Y. Cao, D. Fan, H. Li, H. Mo, Y. Feng, L. Liu, Z. Wang, Y.
Yue, S. Cui, S. Chen, J. Chai, L. Ma, A companion cell-dominant and
developmentally regulated H3K4 demethylase controls flowering time in
Arabidopsis via the repression of FLC expression. PLoS genetics 8,
46. T. Liu, Z. Liu, C. Song, Y. Hu, Z. Han, J. She, F. Fan, J. Wang, C.
Jin, J. Chang, J. M. Zhou, J. Chai, Chitin-induced dimerization activates a
plant immune receptor. Science 336, 1160-1164 (2012).
47. H. Gao, X. Wu, J. Chai, Z. Han, Crystal structure of a TALE
protein reveals an extended N-terminal DNA binding region. Cell research 22,
48. J. She, Z. Han, T. W. Kim, J. Wang, W. Cheng, J. Chang, S. Shi, J. Wang,
M. Yang, Z. Y. Wang, J. Chai, Structural insight into brassinosteroid
perception by BRI1. Nature 474, 472-476 (2011).
49. D. Shao, X. Zhong, Y. F. Zhou, Z. Han, Y. Lin, Z. Wang, L. Bu, L.
Zhang, X. D. Su, H. Wang, Structural and functional comparison of MIF ortholog
from Plasmodium yoelii with MIF from its rodent host. Molecular immunology 47,
Han, T. Niu, J. Chang, X. Lei, M. Zhao, Q. Wang, W. Cheng, J. Wang, Y.
Feng, J. Chai, Crystal structure of the FTO protein reveals basis for its
substrate specificity. Nature 464, 1205-1209 (2010).
Han, N. Huang, T. Niu, J. Chai, A loop matters for FTO substrate selection. Protein & cell 1, 616-620 (2010).
52. D. Shao, Z. Han, Y. Lin, L. Zhang, X. Zhong, M. Feng, Y. Guo, H. Wang,
Detection of Plasmodium falciparum derived macrophage migration inhibitory
factor homologue in the sera of malaria patients. Acta tropica 106, 9-15
Han, X. Xing, M. Hu, Y. Zhang, P. Liu, J. Chai, Structural basis of EZH2
recognition by EED. Structure (London,
England : 1993) 15, 1306-1315
Han, P. Liu, L. Gu, Y. Zhang, H. Li, S. Chen, J. Chai, Structural basis for
histone demethylation by JHDM1. Frontier
Science 1, 52-61 (2007).
Han, L. Guo, H. Wang, Y. Shen, X. W. Deng, J. Chai, Structural basis for
the specific recognition of methylated histone H3 lysine 4 by the WD-40 protein
WDR5. Molecular cell 22, 137-144 (2006).
56. H. Li, Z. Han, Y. Lu, Y. Lin, L. Zhang, Y. Wu, H. Wang, Isolation and
functional characterization of a dynamin-like gene from Plasmodium falciparum. Biochemical and biophysical research
communications 320, 664-671
Han, D. Shao, H. Wang, Cloning and expression of a homologue of human
macrophage migration inhibitory factor from P. falciparum 3D7. Zhongguo yi xue ke xue yuan xue bao. Acta
Academiae Medicinae Sinicae 26,